Spring is upon us! It’s time to open your windows, let some fresh air in, and clean out the nooks and crannies in your home that never get any attention. Below is a list of places throughout your home that could really use some love! All of these tips would also be great to do before you put your home on the market- especially the baseboards and cabinets!
Open the windows, turn up some tunes, and clean away!
- Ceiling Fan: Before you risk spreading the dust that has gathered on the blades of a ceiling fan all winter all around the room, it’s time to give your ceiling fan blades a good wipe down. My favorite way to clean a ceiling fan is with a moist microfiber cloth, rinsing between each blade, but a dusting wipe will work just as well!
- Pillows: Make sure to follow the washing directions on your pillow- but in general wash in warm water on gentle and spin dry on low heat. Add in some wool dryer balls to make your dryer more energy efficient as well as to fluff them up!
- Washing Machine: Many washing machines come with cleaning directions, so make sure to follow those instructions! If you’ve misplaced the cleaning instructions, run your washer with Affresh Washer Cleaner. This should really be done every couple of months to keep your washer running efficiently! Also, keep your lid open while not in use to help prevent mold issues.
- Shower Head: Fill a ziplock back with white vinegar and attach to the showerhead with a rubber band. Let that soak for several hours and then scrub with a toothbrush or cloth.
- Baseboards & Cabinets: To clean your baseboards and cabinets, first wipe down with a wet cloth and let dry. Next, remove scuffs and crusted on stains with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. These really are magic!